Monday, August 1, 2011

Monthly Book Report: July 2011


Another Month has come and gone.  In case you missed anything here's the recap!

Books Reviewed:


Bookish Features:
In My Mail Box #5

Other Posts:
Once-Upon-A-Readathon!
Scroll through to see all four posts

Books Received:

Contests:
Cinderella: Ninja Warrior by Maureen McGowan - Paperback
 Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer by Maureen McGowan - Paperback
The Blackberry Bush by David Housholder - ARC/Paperback 
Tower of Parlen Min by Matt Xell - E-book
Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott - Hardcover
 Infinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon - Hardcover

Purchased:
Firebirds Soaring: An Anthology of Original Speculative Fiction - Hardcover 
Fallout by Ellen Hopkins - Hardcover 
Crusade by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguié - Hardcover 
Married with Zombies by Jesse Petersen - Paperback 
Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer - Hardcover
The Crescent by Jordan Deen - Paperback
Secrets and Shadows by Shannon Delany - Paperback

For Review:
Sex and Stupidity:  A Collection of Short Stories by K. Syrah - from the author/Ebook reviewed 
Dark Territory by J. Gabriel Gates and Charlene Keel - Softcover

NetGalley:
Hunting Kat by PJ Schnyder - E-book/NetGalley
Lost Voices by Sarah Porter - E-book/NetGalley
The Sleepwalkers by J. Gabriel Gates - E-book/NetGalley
Necropolis by Michael Dempsey - E-book/Netgalley

Gifted: 
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - Hardcover - big sister
Color Bleach+: The Bleach Official Bootleg by

Wow!  I got a lot of books this month...

Currently Reading:
The Sleepwalkers by J. Gabriel Gates
Dark Territory by J. Gabriel Gates and Charlene Keel
Urban Falcon by Jennifer Caloyeras


New Things On The Blog:

New Button
New Banner
New Monthly Book Report Image

I made all three myself! :D  I'm rather proud of how they turned out.  Finally found a program that I like that has similar features to Photo Shop, so now I'm a photo editing fool!




I'm really happy how things have been going with my blogging adventures.  Last month was a rocky one for me.  Lots of drama.  Lot of heartache.  As a result I was severely lazy and apathetic with blogging, commenting, etc...  I'm sorry for that.  Blogging became more work then fun and my interest was lost.  Things are much better now and as a result I've taken a turn with my blogging and I enjoy it much more now.  =D
Much love everyone.  Thanks for an awesome month!  Happy blogging!


Got a report of your own?  Drop me a link and I'll check yours out!

6 comments:

  1. Love your buttons!

    Isn't photo editing completely addicting?! I love to work on buttons and banners even though I have no clue what I'm doing. It's just fun.

    You did get a lot of books this month! That's amazing. I'm happy for you because they all look great.

    Now I'm off to find out what Sex and Stupidity is all about.

    Thanks for sharing your wrap up Kelsa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you using to edit? I totally suck at photoshop. I think its impossible to use.lol.

    Wow you won a lot of books. Thats so awesome!!

    Another great month. And I hope this one is even better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missie,
    Yes it is! It's great because back when I had photoshop, I was big on making signatures and colorful banners for my favorite shows. It would nice to get back into it again. :)

    Dude you won't be sorry about sex and stupidity. I need to do my review on Carry Me Home, which is K's first novel. It's outstanding! Turns out I'm a big fan of contemporary writing with a military feminem feel.

    Thanks Missie!

    Amber I.,

    I like using http://pixlr.com/editor/ because of the Marquee tools, makes it easy to change things around and add to projects, but I like http://www.picnik.com/app#/home/welcome for the font styles best. I use them both and just switch between programs when I'm at certain stages.

    Thanks Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess what?! I found Unmasqued for 6 bucks on amazon. I can't wait to read it. *blushes*

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love deals on books! Let me know what you think about it! :D *is excited for you*

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the new look and new button! Awesome look!
    You are so amazing!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading them so don't be shy! You know you want to. ;) I do my best to respond to everyone's comments when I can. If your following me and I haven't returned the favor, let me know! Happy blogging!

~Kelsa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...