Sunday, July 31, 2011

In My Mail Box (5)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren where us bloggers can talk about the books we bought or received this week.

Last week I received In My Mail Box:

All of these NetGalley books were actually received last week, but I forgot to include them in my IMM #4.  Just means more to show off this week, right! ;)

Hunting Kat by PJ Schnyder - Ebook/NetGalley
 Lost Voices by Sarah Porter - Ebook/NetGalley
The Sleepwalkers by J. Gabriel Gates - Ebook/NetGalley
Necropolis by Michael Dempsey - Ebook/Netgalley

Current Cover for Necropolis




This week I received:

This past Wednesday was my birthday, so thanks to my awesome, amazing big sister, I got these awesome books!


Gifted:




Contests:

I won an awesome bookmark swag pack from Donna Huber from The Writers Coffee Shop for participating in the Once-Upon-A-Read-A-Thon.  Thank you Donna!

Aren't they so pretty?  Twenty-three in all!

Two were signed by their authors!  :D

Thank you to Vikki at ComaCalm's Corner and Matt Xell for this E-book copy of Tower of Parlen Min which I won.

Ves Asirin wins a trip to the Tower of Parlen Min. There, with 19 other children, he competes in the Sword Challenge; a series of puzzles and tasks, for $12 million. As fantastic and glorious as the tower seems to be, Ves finds that it keeps a dark and secret history that he has been connected to for over 150 years, a secret that will define his destiny ... if he can escape 'The shadow'.


 
 






 
Thank you to Elizabeth Scott for this copy of her book Between Here and Forever which I won.

Abby accepted that she can’t measure up to her beautiful, magnetic sister Tess a long time ago, and knows exactly what she is: Second best. Invisible.

Until the accident.

Now Tess is in a coma, and Abby’s life is on hold. It may have been hard living with Tess, but it's nothing compared to living without her.

She's got a plan to bring Tess back though, involving the gorgeous and mysterious Eli, but then Abby learns something about Tess, something that was always there, but that she’d never seen.

Abby is about to find out that truth isn't always what you think it is, and that life holds more than she ever thought it could...(Goodreads Description)


Thank you to T. Murphy for this copy of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Infinity which I won.

At fourteen, Nick Gautier thinks he knows everything about the world around him. Streetwise, tough and savvy, his quick sarcasm is the stuff of legends. . .until the night when his best friends try to kill him. Saved by a mysterious warrior who has more fighting skills than Chuck Norris, Nick is sucked into the realm of the Dark-Hunters: immortal vampire slayers who risk everything to save humanity.

Nick quickly learns that the human world is only a veil for a much larger and more dangerous one: a world where the captain of the football team is a werewolf and the girl he has a crush on goes out at night to stake the undead.

But before he can even learn the rules of this new world, his fellow students are turning into flesh eating zombies. And he's next on the menu.
As if starting high school isn't hard enough. . .now Nick has to hide his new friends from his mom, his chainsaw from the principal, and keep the zombies and the demon Simi from eating his brains, all without getting grounded or suspended. How in the world is he supposed to do that? (Goodreads Description)


For Review:

Thank you to Kim Weiss and HCI Books for this copy of Dark Territory by J. Gabriel Gates and Charlene Keel.

In the quaint town of Middleburg, an abandoned train yard and old railroad tracks form the dividing line between two rival gangs—the posh, preppie Toppers and the working-class Flatliners. When Raphael, the leader of the Flatliners, falls in love with Aimee, a Topper girl, the rival gangs prepare to do battle . . . but not with guns and knives. Their martial arts training dictates a strict code of honor, which all of the gang members adhere to. The only hope for peace between the rival gangs lies within the giant X formed where the railroad tracks cross. The awesome power contained in the X sends the Flatliners and the Toppers on a mystical quest to fight against malevolent forces that threaten the existence of Middleburg—and maybe the world.






What did you guys get this week? :D

5 comments:

  1. These seem like exciting reads! Thanks for sharing. I'd love if you'd check out my IMM too :)

    Btw, LOVE THE BLOG... I quickly became a NEW follower.

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you Cory! :D *follows you back*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice mailbox. You got a lot of books this week.
    I hope you enjoy all your new books,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS on that bookmark swag!!! How exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I know I'm late but these are great books!
    And those bookmarks!! They are so great! I read an Elizabeth Scott book and loved it. Hope this one is good. Looks like you've got a lot of reading to do!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading them so don't be shy! You know you want to. ;) I do my best to respond to everyone's comments when I can. If your following me and I haven't returned the favor, let me know! Happy blogging!

~Kelsa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...