Monday, July 4, 2011

10 Good Things On A Monday: Ten Things To Do On The 4th Of July

10 Good Things On A Monday was created by Nina B. at Brush Up On Your Reading.

Here's how it works:
  1. Think of a particular group of good things you want to make a list on, does not necessarily have to be about books, e.g. your current book wish list, or your favorite book foods (you know, foods you love to eat while reading, if you're like me), or your favorite girly names, whatever you can think of, as long as it makes you feel good.
  2. If you have no ideas for a list, you can always visit my blog post to check out my theme for that week and you can take a cue from my list.
  3. Post your list on your blog, grab that cute ARGH button above and put it on your post too, so we'd know you're doing this meme.
  4. Leave the link for your post on my own 10 Good Things post for the week, if you see others doing it, comment too and let's share our good things with everybody.
  5. Everybody goes through the whole week happy! 
Ten Good Things On A Monday:  Ten Things To Do On The 4th Of July 

1.     Watch Independence Day repeatedly and "veg out" all day with an assortment of fast food. :D To this day, this is one of my favorite movies from my childhood. 

2.     Bar-B-Q!  Wings, burgers, hotdogs, whatever!  What taste better then Bar-B-Qed anything on the 4th?  Nothing!  That's what!

3.     Knock out some books in the To-Be-Read Pile with a Red, White, & Blue cover motif.

4.     Show off your slim figure in the most patriotic of fashions! ;-)

5.     Watch The Patriot for the soul purpose of watching Heath Ledger act. Swoon.

6.     Go to a Toby Keith concert and sing proudly:  "We'll put a boot in your ass, its the American way!"  Bring the steel toed boots and beer.  :)

7.     Fly an American Flag in your yard proudly!

8.      Have a bottle rockets war!  Excellent way to develop your strategic skills.  ;)

9.     Go camping with sparklers and light up the night.

10.     Go watch fireworks near a lake.  It's so much cooler when the water reflects the pretty colors!


Happy 4th of July everyone!  Happy blogging!  :D

2 comments:

  1. All these things sound fun! Were able to do them all on the 4th?

    Thanks for sharing your Good Things, Kelsa! I would say have an awesome 'week', but since I was so late commenting on this, I'll just wish you a rockin' weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsa-

    I agree with the way to celebrate the 4th! I was in Virginia so we had the grilled stuff (hubby grilled) fireworks all over the neighborhood (dogs laying all over me shaking from them). When did dogs start being scared of thunderstorms and fireworks? We flew the flag. Damn you make me feel old when you say Independence Day is one of your favorite "childhood" movies. But I do feel patriotic watching it! Hope you had a good one!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading them so don't be shy! You know you want to. ;) I do my best to respond to everyone's comments when I can. If your following me and I haven't returned the favor, let me know! Happy blogging!

~Kelsa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...