Thursday, May 26, 2011

In My Mail Box (3)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren where us bloggers can talk about the books we bought or received this week.

This week has been very fortuitous for me since I got so many great things in the mail.  I went on a contest junkie spree and got many great things!  Right now, I just hope I don't forget to list something because I'm been mixing book piles recently trying to get organized.  Go figure, right?



The Birth Of Jaiden by Jennifer Malone Wright
Summary from goodreads:
Long ago, a prophecy was foreseen. A child would be born, a child who held the power to destroy the world. Now, it is up to Alexander Lucas, a one-hundred-year-old vampire, to keep the baby girl safe from his arch enemy Malcolm. In order to save her, Alexander must raise the child as his own. Will he be able to resist his vampire tendencies to care for a human baby? With the help of the wisest of the supernatural, an organization called The Great Council, Alexander must face many battles to ensure the safety of this very special child.

Doesn't this blurb sound freaknin' awesome? :D Can't say I love the cover art that much though, but at least its actually related to the plot of the story.  Can't say the same for others I've seen.




Urban Falcon by Jennifer Caloyeras
Summary from goodreads:
Evan Falcon was all set to finish high school in Elbow Creek when his dad's job forced the family to move to Lincoln Heights, a booming metropolis. Now, his best friend won't even talk to him and he suspects that his mom is having an affair. Caught between who he used to be and the possibility of who he could become, Evan is thrown into a world of dating, out of control parents, and family drama.


Its been I don't know how long since I've read a book from a male's perspective.  That alone is getting me excited about this book.  I also like the simplicity of the cover art.





Where She Went by Gayle Forman
Summary by goodreads:
It's been three years since the devastating accident ... three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.  Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Julliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.  Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.

I already posted my review of this awesome book and I couldn't put it down.  The cover art for the UK version is lovely, but I still love the American jacket cover the best.  :)

Do you know what the best thing about these three books are?  They're all signed by their awesome authors!  You all have no idea how much book nerd enthusiasm I had when I saw all the lovely signatures.  :D



 I also won two other books curtiousy of my good friend Apples.  You all know her as Amber from Awesomesause Book Club.


The Forbidden Game by L. J. Smith 
Summary from goodreads:
To capture the love of Jenny Thorton, Julian--a visitor from a dark world--draws Jenny and her friends into forbidden games; the contest for a human soul. The prize is Jenny's freedom. The stakes are all of their lives. Jenny's friends are determined to help her win. But Julian is the master of the Game. Jenny's most desperate fight will be with him, this eerily handsome boy with electric blue eyes. He knows her deepest secrets, her darkest fears. He has almost infinite power. And the only thing he wants is for Jenny to surrender to him--body and soul.

 I can't help it, but this blurb creeps me out a little.  :/





Wayward by Ashley Girardi
Summary by goodreads
Born without magic, seventeen-year-old Helena “Hex” Wayward is an embarrassment to her power-hungry relatives.  As the weakest member of the world’s most deadly magical family, Hex learns early how to avoid confrontation. There’s no defending herself against an errant curse or the pit-demon that her cousins like to summon during family reunions.  When the dark magic inside of her -- magic that she never dreamt even existed -- erupts in a violent display, it kills a member of a rival family.  Now, Hex's family hopes to use her magic for their own sinister purposes and their enemies just want her dead. Abandoning her magic will leave Hex defenseless but she's seen how quickly power corrupts even the best intentions.  Caught between the seductive sorcerer who wants her power for his own and the forbidden love of a human boy, Hex has to make a choice:  Save her life or save her soul.

This was an e-book also from Apples.  I can't help but love this cover because of how the green eyes stand out in the picture.


Solid by Shelley Workinger
Summary from goodreads:
Teens who discover they were secretly genetically altered before birth are brought together at a classified site where they forge new friendships, find love, develop "super-abilities," and even unearth a conspiracy.

I also got a digital copy of Solid from the author Shelley Workinger.  It's taking me a while to finish it because I don't have a handy portable e-reader.  My head starts to hurt from reading intently on my Mac screen for too long.







What did you guys get in your mail box this week?  Happy blogging everyone! :D


~ Kelsa P. ~

4 comments:

  1. The cover for Solid freaks me out because I want to eat it sometimes, and other times it looks like worms? So it's like?

    Also, you are such a renegade! It's not even Sunday and you've got an IMM post! ;)

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lah,
    Dude I NEVER post IMM on the weekends. Why hold off perfectly brag-worthy news like this?! :D

    Kelsa P. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsa- I say when you've got a good mailbox to post post it! I tried to comment days ago and Blogger wasn't letting me. I'm using Google Chrome and have no idea what the hell is going on but at least I can comment! Did you love Where She Went?? I'm going to steal that copy if I'm ever anywhere near you!

    That L.J Smith book looks good. So does Wayward. The cover of Solid is a bit freaky. It seems like I've read that storyline before but it wasn't that cover.

    Anyway, nice haul as usual. Can't wait to read your reviews. I haven't gotten to Jaiden yet, still trying to finish one I have before that one.

    Happy Reading!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather,

    LOL! Yeah, WSW was epic. Love Male Angst. So much fun to read about! XD; My review for it is right under this one.

    Would you settle for the american hardback copy instead? eh? :D

    Kelsa P.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading them so don't be shy! You know you want to. ;) I do my best to respond to everyone's comments when I can. If your following me and I haven't returned the favor, let me know! Happy blogging!

~Kelsa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...