Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dark Lover by J. R. Ward

Dark Lover by J. R. Ward
Source:  Purchased
Released:  September 6th 2005
Published by:  Signet Eclipse
Page Count is 393 pages
Buy It:  Bookdepository | Amazon

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going war going on between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Yet none of them relishes killing their enemies more than Wrath, the leader of the Black Dagger Brotherhood...

The only purebred vampire left on the planet, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But when one of his most trusted fighters is killed - orphaning a half-breed daughter unaware of her heritage or her fate - Wrath must usher the beautiful female into the world of the undead...

Racked by a restlessness in her body that wasn't there, Beth Randall is helpless against the dangerously sexy man who comes at night with shadows in his eyes. His tales of brotherhood and blood frighten her. But his touch ignites a dawning hunger that threatens to consume them both....(Description from Goodreads.com)


I can't help but fall in love with the lethal men of The Black Dagger Brotherhood.  Everything about them is dangerous and sexy.  When Wrath, The Blind King of his dwindling Vampire species, takes on the last request of his Warrior Brother, Darius, to protect his only half-breed daughter and help her through her transition, he finds he's bitten off more then he thinks he can handle.  Beth's fiery personality matches Wrath's, which turns him on just as quickly as her scent does.  The two make a terrific pair both physically and emotionally and I just can't help but feel a little jealous when I read some of my favorite pages.

Beth put the wineglass back down, wishing she had more control over herself.
"You don't like that, do you?"
"What?"
"Me drinking from another female."
She laughed darkly, despising herself.  Him.  The whole situation.  "You want to rub my nose in it?"
"No." He paused.  "The idea you will someday score another male's skin with your teeth and take his blood inside of you makes me want to stab something." ~ pages 199-200 Dark Lover

He leaned forward, nuzzled her neck, and she felt soft scratching.  His fangs, she thought.  Running up her throat.
She wanted him to bite her. 
Wrath breathed in deeply.  "You have a perfume to your skin that makes me hard.  Instantly.  All I have to do is smell you." ~ pages 205-206 Dark Lover

God, how can you not be jealous of that.  Swoon-worthiness all around for Wrath!

J. R. Ward's take and on vampires drinking blood is romantic and personal to read about.  I felt like an intruder on some of the scenes, but I couldn't help but turn page after page.  A fantastic romance and story.  Dark Lover has definitely become a favorite of mine.


This novel counts towards the following challenges:
Parajunkee's Vampire Challenge

~ Kelsa P. ~

6 comments:

  1. Just wait until you read the rest of them! Some of them get pretty kinky. Then you'll really feel like an intruder! But this I think was my favorite story, by far.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Review!!The first 3 books in the series are my absolute favorites so enjoy them!! I still have to read the newest one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,
    This was my 3rd or 4th time reading this book. I can never get enough of Wrath and sexy ass! XD; My favorite one was the second book with Rhage.

    /Swoon ^.^

    Apples,
    I have to get the second and third soon! I read a teaser for the 3rd a year ago and I was dying from the cliffhanger in book two! :(

    Kelsa P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wrath does sound pretty sexy!

    And it's awesome that you work in the army, you're sort of a hero already :D

    I'll be sending you an email about having your shelf featured on my blog. Glad you are willing to lend your name to contribute to my fame. Just kidding :D

    Have a great weekend!

    Brush Up On Your Reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina,
    Anything for you dearie. :P

    Thanks! :D

    Kelsa P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review! I've looked at this book a few times and have been very curious. It looks awesome!

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading them so don't be shy! You know you want to. ;) I do my best to respond to everyone's comments when I can. If your following me and I haven't returned the favor, let me know! Happy blogging!

~Kelsa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...