Monday, May 2, 2011

10 Good Things On A Monday: Things I'm looking forward to this summer

10 Good Things On A Monday was created by Nina B. at Brush Up On Your Reading.

Here's how it works:
  1. Think of a particular group of good things you want to make a list on, does not necessarily have to be about books, e.g. your current book wish list, or your favorite book foods (you know, foods you love to eat while reading, if you're like me), or your favorite girly names, whatever you can think of, as long as it makes you feel good.
  2. If you have no ideas for a list, you can always visit my blog post to check out my theme for that week and you can take a cue from my list.
  3. Post your list on your blog, grab that cute ARGH button above and put it on your post too, so we'd know you're doing this meme.
  4. Leave the link for your post on my own 10 Good Things post for the week, if you see others doing it, comment too and let's share our good things with everybody.
  5. Everybody goes through the whole week happy!
This week marks my last week of school with finals.  My first semester of college is almost over!  Summer is around the corner and its also this weeks inspiration for my Ten Good Things.

My 10 good things for this week:  Things I'm looking forward to this summer
 
     1.  Finish reading all the books in my massive To-Read Pile.  Yes.  You heard right.  I said all of them.

     2.  Going to a Biker Rally with The Boyfriend.  He has to figure out how to sneak me in somehow since I'll only be 20 come July and this is an Rated X event.
    Stuff like this *points at above picture* but with more nakedness is what I have to look forward to according to The Boyfriend who has been an enthusiastic participant over the years to such shindigs. This was the most clean image I could muster the balls to post, too.
         3.  Getting a full time job.

         4.  Working out at the gym with The Boyfriend.

         5.  Getting a massive bookshelf for my birthday.  One way or another this must happen.  I hate having my books stacked on the side away from the rest.  :(
    I dream in color obviously.
         6. I'm going to try on hosting a couple of Give A Ways here on my blog later in the Summer IF *the if is very iffy too* I can afford it.  Don't hold me to it.  Its not set in stone.

         7.  Enjoy my birthday with my family this year.  The last two years have been away at Basic Training and Advanced Training so I'm looking forward to relaxing this time around.

         8.  Getting my first tattoo.  I don't know yet if I'm going to try and do it before the Biker Rally cause that's also not set in stone, but it is going to happen no later then my birthday.  I've been putting it off for two years because I'm to damn picky.

         9.  Work on my writing since it fell to the back burner again.


        10.  Enjoy my first AT (Annual Training) up north with my unit.  Were apparently going to be "Roughing It."  Fun stuff!

    Happy Monday everyone!  =D


    ~Kelsa

    6 comments:

    1. girl i feel ya on the full time job part! but its so hard now days (especially with this economy!)... how many books do you have in your TBR pile? think they'll last you all summer?

      ReplyDelete
    2. The Lovely Getaway,

      Last time I counted it was 12 newly bought, plus the last five Harry Potter books (I only recently bought the rest), plus about 5 or so random books that I've been putting off with the newer reads...

      So at least 22 and I'm getting more for my birthday in July....Yeah. I'm positive they will last all summer LOL!

      ~Kelsa

      ReplyDelete
    3. Kelsa-

      No way those books will last you through the summer. Not unless you work 80 hours a week!
      Where do you want to work? What kind of job? Oh, I remember. Good luck! Maybe you can read in between runs.

      My pile is 120 and growing. At Christmas it was
      25 or less. Just saying. Especially with you retail therapy.

      Heather

      ReplyDelete
    4. Heather,

      HAHA! I love your outlook, Heather. So supportive! ;) LOL!

      Yeah, I have to pester the guy about the job again since he won't get back to me. It ticking me off. Reading in between runs was the plan LOL!

      Kelsa.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Looks like you've got a huge job in front of you for this summer, Kelsa!

      Good luck and I hope you can squeeze in a little slice of time for me. :P

      ReplyDelete
    6. Sindy,

      DUH! Like I'm not going to try and spend some quality time with my big sister! What do you take me for? ;P

      ~Kelsa

      ReplyDelete

    I love comments and enjoy reading them so don't be shy! You know you want to. ;) I do my best to respond to everyone's comments when I can. If your following me and I haven't returned the favor, let me know! Happy blogging!

    ~Kelsa

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...