Monday, May 16, 2011

10 Good Things On A Monday: Books I Bought Because Of Book Bloggers

10 Good Things On A Monday was created by Nina B. at Brush Up On Your Reading.

Here's how it works:
  1. Think of a particular group of good things you want to make a list on, does not necessarily have to be about books, e.g. your current book wish list, or your favorite book foods (you know, foods you love to eat while reading, if you're like me), or your favorite girly names, whatever you can think of, as long as it makes you feel good.
  2. If you have no ideas for a list, you can always visit my blog post to check out my theme for that week and you can take a cue from my list.
  3. Post your list on your blog, grab that cute ARGH button above and put it on your post too, so we'd know you're doing this meme.
  4. Leave the link for your post on my own 10 Good Things post for the week, if you see others doing it, comment too and let's share our good things with everybody.
  5. Everybody goes through the whole week happy! 

My 10 good things for this week:  Books I've Bought Because of Book Bloggers!
The Bookish Brunette did a wonderful post that inspired today's 10 Good Things.  Go check it out!





1. If I Stay by Gayle Forman
I am so grateful to have found this book.  I treasure it.  It's made me laugh like a lunitic, cry 'til my tear ducts were broken, and swoon longingly.  I adore this book and Adam is simply wonderful as the swoon worthy male.  (Missie you are freaking wonderful for getting me hooked on this one!)




2. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
What is there not to like about Nightshade?  I'm serious, what?!  If you've been following me for a while, you've probably noticed my endearing border-lining obsessive love of wolves/werewolves/shifters/etc.  When I read this book I devoured (pun completely intended) it in a day.  Gotta love it when a girl doesn't take anyone's shit and has the drive to stand on her own two or four feet!



3. City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare
I put off this series for so long, even when I was hearing nothing but good things from bloggers, but no I''m so glad I caved!  This series has everything.  Literally.  Werewolves, vampires, faeries, magic... by The Angel the list is long!  I love to hate Jace for his sexy/snarky/wit.  Jace and Clary toppled several of my favorite couples after I finished this book.




4. Falling Under by Gwen Hayes
Another couple who went down as a favorite of mine:  Theia and Haden!
I loved the creepy nature of the underworld that was described through Theia's eyes.  Haden is another swoon worthy male I now have a special place for.  I love reading how a guy goes the extra mile to do what's best for the girl he loves.  Swoon.




5. Fallen by Lauren Kate
One of the most beautifully designed book covers I've ever seen.  The sad, morbid image fits wonderfully with the story.  I enjoyed this story and romance between Daniel and Luce, but I wish it was told from Daniel's point of view!






6. Matched by Ally CondieI have not read many dystopian novels before with the exception of The Host, but I'm really excited about picking up Matched.  The idea that a society decides everything from what job you will have, to how long you live, and who your life mate will be is a scary concept.  I can't wait to read this one!
Review coming soon






7. Trickster's Girl by Hilari Bell
Another dystopian I'm looking to pick up.  It also helps that the leading lady has my name, too!  Magic, emending ecological disaster, danger, and adventure?  Count me in!
Review coming soon







8. Born At Midnight by C. C. Hunter
Can you picture yourself in a camp with a bunch of werewolves, vampires, shape shifters, witches, and fairies?  I'm still skeptical about this young author title a little but I've heard to many good things about it from my blogging buddy Apples to not read it.  
Review coming soon





9. Where She Went by Gayle Forman
Adam apparently is rising to infamy and Mia is Julliard's rising star.  I can't wait to read about their rekindled romance.  I'm anticipating a lot of crying and swooning when I read this one.  Something tells me I'm also going to be screaming "Kiss her, damnit!" alot. 
Review coming soon





10. Fell by David Clement-Davies
This is the sequel to The Sight and picks up after Fell left his family.  He's still grieving over the death of his sister Larka and he's still feared by other animals since he has the power to see into the minds of others.  The cover art is beautiful on this book and I can't wait to see what happens to my favorite black wolf.
Review coming soon





Happy Monday everyone!


~Kelsa

4 comments:

  1. Yes! IIS and Nightshade! Both are awesome.

    Love today's topic. I'm always buying books based on book blogger's reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! I hated updating this post pieces at a time. Damn you blogger...

    Missie,
    I know, right?! Its weird when I stop to think how much my taste has been influenced by bloggers. Before my collection was very stale for sure.

    :D

    Kelsa P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 percent of my current book collection were books I got because of book bloggers. I actually blame the book blogging world for my ruined budget :p

    Thank you so much for sharing your Good book Things this week, Kelsa! Have an awesome week!

    Brush Up On Your Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nightshade and The Mortal Instrument series, I also read from seeing other bloggers raving about them. And I am glad I did!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading them so don't be shy! You know you want to. ;) I do my best to respond to everyone's comments when I can. If your following me and I haven't returned the favor, let me know! Happy blogging!

~Kelsa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...