Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: City of Bones

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading.

Here's how it works:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!  You don't want to ruin the story for others!
  • Share the title and the author so that other TT participants cant add the book to the TBR lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser:
Jace's eyes sparked, but he said calmly, "Not at all.  The Silent Brothers can help her retrieve her memories."
"You hate the Silent Brothers," protested Isabelle.
"I don't hate them," said Jace candidly.  "I'm afraid of them.  It's not the same thing."
"I thought they were librarians," said Clary.
"They are librarians."
Simon whistled.  "Those must be some killer late fees."

~Page 158, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

I have heard some good and bad things about this series.  After only diving in to the first 14 pages and reading my teaser for City of Bones, I have to say I love Simon's dry since of humor.  He's freaking hilarious!


~Kelsa

18 comments:

  1. I know I say this every week, but I really have to get to this series soon! Gah. Tease, tease. ;)

    My TT can be found here!

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bex,
    And so the meaning of Teaser Tuesday is brought to light! LOL

    Thanks!

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lmao!! Killer late fees indeed! I keep picking up this series, but I never seem to buy them. Guess I'll be heading to the library today ^_~ Awesome tease!

    Here's mine: http://sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday_26.html

    Btw, I'm a new follower ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sinn,
    Haha! Nice word play Lol. Thanks for following! *scampers off to follow you back* :D

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny teaser. I've heard lots of good things about this book.

    mine is here: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2011/04/26/teaser-tuesday-mercy-burns/

    ReplyDelete
  6. storyteasury,
    Thanks for dropping by! Loved your teaser, too. :)

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome teaser! I love this series, can't wait to see what you think of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this series. I still need to start reading the newest one. <3

    My TT for this week: http://witchoftheatregoing.wordpress.com/2011/04/26/teaser-tuesday-%E2%99%A1-%E2%80%93-week-8/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apples,
    Thanks Apples! :D

    Witchoftheheatregoing,
    I hoping I like the series as much as everyone else does. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :)

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the funniest teaser I have yet to come across today. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesdays-the-pun-also-rises.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser! I haven't read this one yet

    Jules

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this teaser! Hope you enjoy, this is one of my favorites :)

    Book Addict

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teaser. I love this series but I am not a Simon fan.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for dropping by everyone! Great teasers all around! :D

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your teaser! I have seen this series all over, but your teaser made me want to pick it up most of all. I LOVE characters with a great sense of humor.

    I clicked to follow your blog and realized I'm already following LOL

    My teaser is from Carlos Ruiz Zafon's upcoming book: The Midnight Palace - so far it's excellent!

    April @ My Shelf Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great teaser! I love this series :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fireflywishes,
    Thanks! Gotta lot wit. It keeps you entertained. LOL :D

    Brittany,
    It started to get really good suddenly for me. God, I'm a sucker for a jerk who's a good kisser in stories. LOL

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading them so don't be shy! You know you want to. ;) I do my best to respond to everyone's comments when I can. If your following me and I haven't returned the favor, let me know! Happy blogging!

~Kelsa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...