Sunday, April 17, 2011

Book Retail Threapy (7)

Its offical.  I've lost my mind.  I had the stupid idea that I could walk into Barns&Noble and walk around without spending a lot of money.  *Looks back at newly acquired pile of books*  Oh yeah, I failed fantastically!  My inner book horder is plesantly thrilled about this, but the logical side of me is going what the crap did I think I was doing walking into a book store with my wallet on hand?!  Gah!

Oh well.  I can't say I'm sorry.  I'm evilly pleased!  >:D

I'm weak!  I know!  Don't mock my pain!  My wallet hasn't stopped crying since!  ;_;

What I scored was:
Sucks To Be Me by Kimberly Pauley
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Dreaming Anastasia by Joy Preble
Wicked: Witch & Curse by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguié
Into the Wild (Warriors, #1) by Erin Hunter
Born At Midnight by C. C. Hunter
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge
Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
13 to life by Shannon Delany
Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs

Most of these awesome titles were some that I've noticed had great reviews from bloggers I follow, others like Bone Crossed and Warriors was on sale and recommended to me by my big sister who just so happened to be halting my efforts when I tried to go back for more books.  God.  Thank you for stopping me Ami!  I need supervision from now on before I plan on going to a book store in the not so near future.  ^^;

I'm so excited about getting If I Stay!  Ever since I read Missie's My Book Boyfriend post with Adam Wilde and her older review of If I Stay, I've been dying to get my hands on this book and I'm so so glad I did today!

What did you guys buy this week? :D


~Kelsa

6 comments:

  1. wow so many awesome and shiny books *stares* I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cait,
    So many is right, but you're right: They are so shiny! :D

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Call me crazy, but didn't you also get Howl's Moving Castle? I could have sworn you did. Or did you devour that thing already, you crazy girl? :P

    Also, I was apparently wrong about Bone Crossed- where as it's a good Harlequin book, it's part of a series that starts with Moon Called and has two other books that come before Bone Crossed. Sorry! But on the bright side, it DOES work into your Shifter Challenge in a most unique way- the lead character, Mercy, is a Native American-like shifter who turns into a coyote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sindragosa,
    Coyote shifter? Pretty awesome none the less! :D And yeah, your right. I did buy Howl's Moving Castle. I found it hiding in fear of my bookshelf under my bed last night. Now the final total count for my binge is 12 books! Dear God. LOL

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelsa-

    I say run back to the book store with Wicked and demand your money back. I thought it was the worst book ever. I'll be interested to see what you think. It stated good, and is based on a great curse, but then it's just so repetitive. The Bewitched Bookworms loved it, but I have avoided anything by these authors b/c of how awful I thought this series was. I didn't even buy the last book. If you like it don't buy the next one. I have it and will send it to you.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh! You sound like me when I read the Immortal Series by Alyson Noel. I can't STAND that first book. I'm so glad I borrowed it and didn't waste my own money.

    That would be awesome of you to send me the other book! If I like it that is. I'm going to be careful with it then since I heard it was really good from some other friends. With all of the spoils you've sent me already I need to know when your birthday is and send you some sunshine in your mail box :)

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading them so don't be shy! You know you want to. ;) I do my best to respond to everyone's comments when I can. If your following me and I haven't returned the favor, let me know! Happy blogging!

~Kelsa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...