Saturday, April 2, 2011

Book Retail Threapy (6)

I bought these books last Saturday, before number nine appeared on my list for last this week's Ten Good Things, so I did NOT break my rule.  I've just been busy with school still that I never got around to posting this Book Retail Therapy Meme sooner.  Its incredible how persistent and never ending some things have been in my life as of lately.

Enough of my ranting.  On with the spoils!

At Wal-*-Mart I stumbled across more deals in their lovely book isle!  My wallet is grateful for the deals, too.  It still has a lovely heavy feel to it for now.






I managed to get my hands on the remainder Harry Potter Series books:  The Goblet of Fire, Order of The Phoenix, The Half Blood Prince, and The Deathly Hallows!  It only took me ten years to accomplish.  God, I have patients.  LOL

I also got a copy of Red Riding Hood, which the first ten pages really pulled me in. :)  The only thing that pissed me off off was seeing Caterine Hardwicke's name on the cover.  Remember her?  The crappy director who ruined what could have been a great movie adaptation of Twilight?  Yeah, that crappy director.  What the fuck is Catherine Hardwicke doing having her writers voice appear in the beautifully designed Red Riding Hood book?

She's the director of the film adaptation?

Fuck my life.

Forgive me, but I am in desperate need of a vent session now.

*Scampers off to post my first Flap Off entry*

What did you guys get your hands on this week?  :)




~Kelsa

6 comments:

  1. I felt the exact same way when I heard she was directing Red Riding Hood. I didn't like the way she did Twilight at all. But...the trailers make Red Riding Hood look really good. It actually looks pretty beautiful. Maybe she's improved? I'm guardedly hopeful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the movie Red Riding Hood, but from the only review that counts *coughNOSTALGIA CRITICcough* it's just about as vapid and brain damaging as the Twilight movie adaption. At least this movie has Gary Oldman in it?

    However, if you want to see a movie where Caterine Hardwicke shines, try The Nativity Story, the story of the birth of Jesus and how the characters would take the situation involved in a more realistic way (example being that when Joseph hears about Mary's virgin pregnancy, he wants to stone her to death, but an angel stops him).

    I'm glad to see you FINALLY got the last few Harry Potter books! Now read them first because they are superior! :P

    And just because this comment couldn't get any longer, I didn't do much this week. I invited Jacob over to watch the next movie I'm going to feature on my blog and we made lots of jokes about it. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small Review,

    Thank God I'm not the only one who thought that. *hugs you tightly* I'm grudgingly hopeful about the movie adaptation being good, at least decent. But I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Just because Hardwicke has defiled the script, I'm actually tempted to not see it at all. I just can't stand her.

    Singragosa,
    LOL Holicrap, I didn't know he did a clip about Red Riding Hood! I've gotta watch that one now.

    Eh, anything Catherine Hardwicke has be skeptical, but your description of the stoning is pretty hilarious. LOL

    Sadly girl I probably won't get to read any of them until summer time. I'm going for a start to end of the series. Should make for a fun summer challenge.

    LOL I can only imagine the hilarity of the jokes you and Jacob came up with. LOL By the way, I called you the other day, but you were at work. :(

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was his recent Bum Review where he reviewed it- http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/bum-reviews/30172-red-riding-hood

    That sounds awesome, a whole summer filled with Harry Potter!

    Oh, hey, since you obviously have a ton of books you want to read and couldn't possibly say no to one more (please don't hurt me!), I MUST suggest Into the Wild by Erin Hunter. It's part of the very long (20-ish books by now) Warriors series. I know how busy you are reviewing other books, but I'd love to see you at least read one of the Warriors series. I'm in the middle of the second set of books and I just can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sindragosa,

    Damn you! No I'm kidding, mostly. ;)

    I'll make sure to buy the first book the next time I order my next load, just for you Ami. I love bookdepository. five books almost always cost, like $32 bucks. :)

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Great books! I just love my Harry Potter books (which I barely got at the end of last year).

    So, just to let you know, the last chapter of Red Riding Hood is NOT in the book. You have to go read it online. So ridiculous. I loved the book so much, but that really ticked me off. I sent a letter to the publisher letting them know, too.

    It's still an excellent book though. I've heard mixed reviews, but i devoured it. I loved the writing. If you read the beginning f the book, there is a little snippit from Hardwicke telling you that she basically thought there was a lot more to the story than she could fit into to movie, so she found someone to write the book. I saw the movie as well, and the book was way better than the movie.

    I hope you like it! i loved how descriptive it was. I wrote a review about it not too long ago on my blog. You can check it out, but only if you want to. :) Not trying to come on here just to pimp out my blog. LOL

    Jennifer of Little Shelf

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading them so don't be shy! You know you want to. ;) I do my best to respond to everyone's comments when I can. If your following me and I haven't returned the favor, let me know! Happy blogging!

~Kelsa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...