Monday, April 25, 2011

10 Good Things On A Monday!

10 Good Things On A Monday was created by Nina B. at Brush Up On Your Reading.

Here's how it works:
  1. Think of a particular group of good things you want to make a list on, does not necessarily have to be about books, e.g. your current book wish list, or your favorite book foods (you know, foods you love to eat while reading, if you're like me), or your favorite girly names, whatever you can think of, as long as it makes you feel good.
  2. If you have no ideas for a list, you can always visit my blog post to check out my theme for that week and you can take a cue from my list.
  3. Post your list on your blog, grab that cute ARGH button above and put it on your post too, so we'd know you're doing this meme.
  4. Leave the link for your post on my own 10 Good Things post for the week, if you see others doing it, comment too and let's share our good things with everybody.
  5. Everybody goes through the whole week happy!
My 10 good things for this week:   
Movies That Bring Out My Inner Hopeless Romantic

I know, I know this is similar to my first 10 good things post and replaced books with movies this time.  I cheated a little.  Oh, well.  Sue me.  ;P  This time I'm including some awesome quotes and pictures, too!  :D

  1. The Princess Bride

  Westley: Hear this now: I will always come for you.
Buttercup: But how can you be sure?
Westley: This is true love - you think this happens every day?

Westley: I told you I would always come for you. Why didn't you wait for me?
Buttercup: Well... you were dead.
Westley: Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.



Char: You can curtsy or not; that's your choice. There's nothing I can do about it... except have you beheaded, but that seems a bit extreme.

Char: You're the first maiden who hasn't swooned at the sight of me.
Ella: Then maybe I've done you some good.

Char: Well, that's on our way back to Lamia. We'll accompany you.
Ella: Well, that's not necessary.
Char: But it makes it so much easier rescuing you if I don't have to commute. 

3.   Atonement


Robbie Turner: [voiceover] Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the surrey park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame. 

4.   300

Queen Gorgo: Spartan!
King Leonidas: Yes, my lady?
Queen Gorgo: Come back with your shield, or on it.
King Leonidas: Yes, my lady.

[Gorgo waking up from Leonidas stroking her back]
Queen Gorgo: Your lips can finish what your fingers have started... or has the Oracle robbed you of your desire as well?
King Leonidas: It would take more than the words than a drunken adolescent girl to rob me of my desire of you.

5.   How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days


Ben: [to himself, on his balcony, waving goodbye to Andy before she gets in her cab] You're already falling in love with me.
Andie: I'm gonna make you wish you were dead.
[blows away a kiss to Ben up on his balcony]
Andie: Poor guy. 


Thayer: Do you have an ethical problem with rifling through a woman's purse?
Ben: Uhh, yeah, I guess I do.
Tony: Well, it's hardly a purse, dude, it's more like a... clutch or something.
Ben: Guys, a woman's purse, alright, it's her secret source of power. Alright? There are many dark and dangerous things in there, that we, the male species, should know nothing about.


Tank: I would kick you in the ass, but my foot might get sucked in.
Alexis: Well I would kick you in the dick, but my foot might get Herpes. 


Alexis: She's my roommate.
Tank: I bet she gives great head.
  

Tad: Yeah, Pete told me if I ever hurt you; that he would tear me to pieces with his bare hands or with his rhetoric.
Rosalee: Pete told you if you hurt me, he would tear you to pieces with his bare hands or with his rhetoric? That is so... adorable.


Pete: [to Tad] Like do you know she has six smiles? One when something really makes her laugh. One when she's making plans. One when she is laughing out of politeness. One when she is uncomfortable. One when she is making fun of herself. And one when... she's talking about her friends.


8.  Legends of The Fall


Alfred: I followed all of the rules, man's and God's. And you, you followed none of them. And they all loved you more. Samuel, Father, and my... even my own wife.


Susannah: Tristan, I have nowhere to send this letter and no reason to believe you wish to receive it. I write it only for myself. And so I will hide it away along with all the things left unsaid and undone between us.



Vesper Lynd: Oh, you are? I like this poker thing. And that makes perfect sense! Since MI6 looks for maladjusted young men, who give little thought to sacrificing others in order to protect queen and country. You know... former SAS types with easy smiles and expensive watches.
[Glances at his wrist]
Vesper Lynd: Rolex?
James Bond: Omega.
Vesper Lynd: Beautiful. Now, having just met you, I wouldn't go as far as calling you a cold-hearted bastard...
James Bond: No, of course not.
Vesper Lynd: But it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine. You think of women as disposable pleasures, rather than meaningful pursuits. So as charming as you are, Mr. Bond, I will be keeping my eye on our government's money - and off your perfectly-formed arse.
James Bond: You noticed?
Vesper Lynd: Even accountants have imagination. How was your lamb?
James Bond: Skewered! One sympathizes.
Vesper Lynd: Good evening, Mr. Bond.
James Bond: Good evening, Ms. Lynd. 


Vesper Lynd: Am I going to have a problem with you, Mr. Bond?
James Bond: No, don't worry, you're not my type.
Vesper Lynd: Smart?
James Bond: Single. 



Samantha: Thanks for getting my undies back.
Jake: Thanks for coming over.
Samantha: Thanks for coming to get me.
Jake: Happy Birthday, Samantha. Make a wish.
Samantha: It already came true.


I hope everyone has a fantastic week!  Happy Monday everyone!  :D


~Kelsa

3 comments:

  1. I love that movie "How to lose a guy in 10 days" - I can watch it over and over! Kate Hudson is great!
    Here's my top 10 for this Monday:
    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/04/ten-good-things-on-monday-things-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie so much. Its freaking hilarious and swoon worthy lol

    I love your list, too! Ice Cream in a waffle cone is love. :D

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me wonder: Where is Molly Ringwald? I loved these movies! I've watched them all and even my Mom likes them. I'd include Letters to Juliet in the list too.

    I'm sorry I have been so MIA the past week, but I'm back, and even posted my Ten Good Things for this week. My list: Ten of my mother's favorite books!

    Happy Monday!

    Brush Up On Your Reading

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading them so don't be shy! You know you want to. ;) I do my best to respond to everyone's comments when I can. If your following me and I haven't returned the favor, let me know! Happy blogging!

~Kelsa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...