Monday, March 7, 2011

Musing Mondays: Dead Space Martyr


Musing Mondays is a weekly mem hosted by Mizb at Should Be Reading.

This week’s musing asks…
"What book(s) are you most excited about right now? (it can either be something you’re currently reading, or something you just bought, or a book/books that are soon to be published)."
 I'm really excited about picking up Dead Space: Martyr by B. K. Evenson after I finish tackling Falling Under by Gwen Hayes.  I won it from the publisher through goodreads a little more then a week ago and I just recently got it in the mail.  From what little information I know about the book its based on the video game Dead Space franchise.

The guys at GamePro had this hilarious post about the game which helped me learn a great deal more about it.

The images for the game sum up nicely what Dead Space is all about.  Aliens, zombies, spaceships, and violence.  Lots of it apparently according to GamePro.  At the very bottom you come across this lovely little entry.
It wasn't violent enough.
Dead Space Executive Producer Glen Schofield has been quoted as saying the game wasn't as violent as he would have liked. Which makes us very wary of ever being alone in a room with him (10 Incredible Facts about the Dead Space Franchise).

I can't wait to start reading this book now.  The last game based series I read was StarCraft and that was a few years ago.  This one is already proving to be more interesting information wise, but I still couldn't help but think that it looks a lot like the Halo Reach game.  I don't play video games (please don't hurt me) but I do like watching my friends play.  There is nothing quite as entertaining as watching someone get frustrated, throwing controllers, and cursing out virtual characters.


~Kelsa

6 comments:

  1. Oh so true! But I only watch my sons and their friends. They take it to a whole new level. They write stories about it. They play outdoor games about the games when they aren't playing the games. I can't wait for spring to LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! So true, so true! Boys do take video gaming to a whole new level all their own. Sometimes its rather frightening to me how serious they take it, but then again the same could be said about my livid opinions about characters in books. LOL

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read a book that's based on a game before... interesting!

    Here's my Musing Mondays (March 7) post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome possum. Thanks for dropping by my blog! :)

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't play video games either ever since my friends eleven year old brother killed me in Halo (I never quite figured out how to turn around...)

    All the same, it will be interesting to see how a book about a video game turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only I could get past the graphic descriptions for it. Its creeping me out a lot. *shivers*

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading them so don't be shy! You know you want to. ;) I do my best to respond to everyone's comments when I can. If your following me and I haven't returned the favor, let me know! Happy blogging!

~Kelsa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...