Monday, March 7, 2011

10 Good Things On A Monday!


10 Good Things On A Monday was created by Nina B. at Brush Up On Your Reading.

Here's how it works:

  1. Think of a particular group of good things you want to make a list on, does not necessarily have to be about books, e.g. your current book wish list, or your favorite book foods (you know, foods you love to eat while reading, if you're like me), or your favorite girly names, whatever you can think of, as long as it makes you feel good.
  2. If you have no ideas for a list, you can always visit my blog post to check out my theme for that week and you can take a cue from my list.
  3. Post your list on your blog, grab that cute ARGH button above and put it on your post too, so we'd know you're doing this meme.
  4. Leave the link for your post on my own 10 Good Things post for the week, if you see others doing it, comment too and let's share our good things with everybody.
  5. Everybody goes through the whole week happy!

I know the rules say my list dose not have to be about books, but I'm going to do just that because I can't think of anything else at the moment! (I'm so original, I know)

My 10 favorite things for this week:  Books that bring out the hopeless romantic in me
  1. Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause
  2. Twilight by Stephenie Myer
  3. A Thread Of Grace by Mary Doria Russell
  4. Lady Chatterley's Lover by D. H. Lawrence
  5. Atonement by Ian McEwan
  6. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
  7. The Host by Stephenie Myer 
  8. Dark Lover by J. R. Ward
  9. Unmasqued:  An Erotic Novel of The Phantom of The Oprea by Colette Gale
  10. The White Darkness by Geraldine McCaughrean
Everyone of these books has made me laugh, cry, and swoon and over the years and has helped me get through many a trying times in my young life.  To all creatures reading this post with a Y chromosome:  learn from these fictional men in all of their awesomeness!  Without their help I would have lost my faith in the opposite sex long ago.  Take notes while your at it!  You might just learn a thing or two about 'How to Make Your Lady Swoon'.  ;)


~Kelsa

6 comments:

  1. I love a good romance, but I've only read three of the books on your list. I suck!

    I'm totally going to fix that, especially since I've been wanting to read Blood and Chocolate and Atonement for a while now.

    And I know exactly what you mean about fictional men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! You definitely need to give these books on my list a try, if you can. I wasn't kidding when I said they restored my faith men. LOL Just be warned with Atonement that the author tends to confuse you, or that might just be me. Its still an awesome book non the less.

    Fictional men are indeed great. I'm so glad we're on the same page. (laughs)

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your list! I'm such a hopeless romantic as well, I get sucked into a good relationship every time. Dark Lover (and the rest of the brotherhood) is an all time favorite of mine, I just can't get enough of that series! I adored Nightshade and The Host as well, and I need to read the rest of those:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dark Brother Hood is a fantastic series! I wish I had my own copies and could finish it. :(

    You won't be disappointed with the others, either.

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to read most of the books here (I know, I'm terrible) but I have heard some nice things about them and I think I can see why they bring out the romantic in you :D

    This is a great list! Thank you for sharing your good things, Kelsa :D Have a great week!

    Brush Up On Your Reading

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Nina B!

    :O You are terrible! Go forth and read woman! You won't be disappointed from these :)

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading them so don't be shy! You know you want to. ;) I do my best to respond to everyone's comments when I can. If your following me and I haven't returned the favor, let me know! Happy blogging!

~Kelsa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...