Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange

Source:  Borrowed
Released:  August 1st 2009
Published by:  Sourcebooks Landmarks
Page Count is 308 pages.  
Buy It:  Amazon


"Amanda Grange, bestselling author of Mr. Darcy's Diary, gives us something completely new—a delightfully thrilling, paranormal Pride and Prejudice sequel, full of danger, darkness and deep romantic love…

Amanda Grange's style and wit bring readers back to Jane Austen's timeless storytelling, but always from a very unique and unusual perspective, and now Grange is back with an exciting and completely new take on Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet.

Mr. Darcy, Vampyre starts where Pride and Prejudice ends and introduces a dark family curse so perfectly that the result is a delightfully thrilling, spine-chilling, breathtaking read. A dark, poignant and visionary continuation of Austen's beloved story, this tale is full of danger, darkness and immortal love.
"   Description from goodreads.com.

I was extremely apathetic and uninterested in this book when I began reading it right off the bat.  The whole time I was not that excited about the plot, which was terrible; the events, which were uneventful; or, the characters, which had about the emotional depth of rocks.  I remember thinking "Wait, isn't Elizabeth suppose to be a strong female character?  That's what everyone keeps telling me about Austin's writing with her female characters."

The ending was weak and not remotely satisfying, and the book was not memorable.  The only way I can see how this was such a successful series is because of the vampire craze going around.  I have not read the first book, Mr. Darcy's Dairy, and I do not plan it.  Don't go purchase this adaption.  Its a crappy book.  You can chose to ignore me if you like, but my decision remains firm to not let my friends read this mess.


~Kelsa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and enjoy reading them so don't be shy! You know you want to. ;) I do my best to respond to everyone's comments when I can. If your following me and I haven't returned the favor, let me know! Happy blogging!

~Kelsa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...