Saturday, February 26, 2011

Book Retail Threapy (2)


Last night instead of finishing off Incarceron, like I was planning on, I went to a Mardi Gras parade instead!  I did not go anywhere near New Orleans.  I know most people associate New Orleans with Mardi Gras often, but its not all that great.  Mandeville is the closest I plan to get at this point.  To many bad things happen there on a regular basis for me to muster up the courage to go.  I had a fantastic time with my friend Meghan!  Let me paint a picture for you.  Imagine me (five foot three hyper active thing) jumping up and down screaming for costume beads with alcohol in my hand, a pimpin' Mardi Gras sparkle hat on my head, and a white feather boa on my shoulders.  Bad ass, right?  That was a much needed break from drama, school, and boyfriend.  I ended up going to bed at one thirty in the morning and woke up at seven sharp, got dressed, said good-bye to Meghan, and hit Wal-*-Mart at eight.  I was returning something originally, but I couldn't help myself to quickly checking the book aisle.

I ended up walking away with Awakened and Burned by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and The Morganville Vampires Volume 1 with Glass Houses and The Dead Girls Dance by Rachel Canie.




I also got lucky the other night (not that kind of lucky) and won Dead Space: Martyr by B. K. Evenson from goodreads first read giveaways!

 
I wont be getting this one in the mail for a good four to five weeks according to the site, but I'm really looking forward to reading this book.  Now if only the other new books I ordered would get to my mail box already.  Its been nine days since Nightshade and The White Darkness were shipped, according to the tracking order from bookdepository, only five since Falling Under was shipped, and they're still not in my hands yet! :(

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves this weekend, and if any of you plan on getting down with the Mardi Gras Spirit have fun and be safe!


~Kelsa

13 comments:

  1. Kelsa,

    Mardi Gras and the Walmart book aisle. You are a rock star! It always makes me happy to be able to return stuff at walmart, because it means more books! hehehe

    Glad you had a bad ass break!

    And thanks for your comment on my blog. I was barking out loud laughing. Of course we can share a dumpster, but I get the better scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelsa! What great books you got this week! I adore the Morganville Vampires, Shane and Claire are two of my favorite characters, I hope you enjoy them:) And there's just no way to walk by the book aisle of any store and not stop to look:) Hunger Games is an all time favorite, can't wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Missie: I guess you wouldn't find it funny when I say I can eat you out of house and home, eh? ;)

    LOL Deal!

    You have no idea how much your post brighten my day (night, it's midnight here right now), which I definitely needed right now.

    @ Jenny: I know, right!? Its practically impossible for me to resist the temptation! I'm so glad you said that about Morganville Vampires because I wasn't sure if I could get into it or not, so I bought it on a whim.

    Now I seriously need to put a fucking dent in my books now and get to reading. Go figure when I wrote this post, my new books showed up in the mail. :)


    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the follow! Following you back! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Retail Book Therapy....so much better than the Book Hoarding I've been calling it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Marrion: Your welcome & thank you! :)

    @Ms. Dawn: Originally I called it book splurging, but it didn't hold quite the same giggle factor as retail therapy. Lol.


    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl! I took your advice and started up a Blogspot, but I'm still really new to the whole thing.

    Where can I get an awesome layout like you have? It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Ami! I sent you an email on the basic "How to's" of blog design. Be prepared to be swamped by my annoying comments and feedback often on your page ;)


    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  9. You haven't read Hunger Games yet? Well, get cracking! They are great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes ma'am! *throws a mock solute your way* ;)

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey found your blog on bookblogs and now following!

    I like anyone who can gain retail therapy from buying books! So much better than other types of shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much! :follows you back: Its the only therapy I willingly will invest time and money in :)

    ~Kelsa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Kelsa-

    I love the Morganville Vamps! I'm listening to them for my Whisper Stories in my Ear Challenge on Audio. And Book Depository takes awhile because I'm pretty sure they are coming from the U.K. and they say shipments to the U.S. are being delayed because of extra security. So be patient.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading them so don't be shy! You know you want to. ;) I do my best to respond to everyone's comments when I can. If your following me and I haven't returned the favor, let me know! Happy blogging!

~Kelsa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...