Saturday, February 19, 2011

Books are THE BEST form of retail threapy


Today I got to indulge in throwing my money away at Wal-*-Mart of all places for books.  Usually I don't bother with shopping for novels there, but the convenience of finding two books I've been looking for and two that were total eye candy was just to damn tempting to pass up.

My haul today includes Fallen by Lauren Kate, The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa De La Cruz, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling, and Incarceron by Catherine Fisher.


Later on, after getting back to town near my home, I even ended up finding a random vampire hunter related book at a local everyday store called Blood Noir by Laurell K. Hamilton.  Apparently its one in a series about the author's character Anita Blake.  Its an adult novel though, so if your like me and you're intrigued by the cover and the intro, be warned that is does have very adult content in it.

At first the intro made me just laugh outright, but when I looked at Hamilton's picture on the back I was suddenly inspired to snatch it up.  I don't know what it is, but her appearance just screams 'awesomeness' at me.  At first I had a feeling the book was nothing but a harlequin romance with added werewolves and vampires when I first bought it, but after looking up some back ground on the series it seems to be a popular one because it looks like its been running since 1993 when the first book was published.  Its even a freaking graphic novel comic!  I'm definitely going to get myself a copy the next time I'm doing some planned books splurging.




~Kelsa

7 comments:

  1. I agree, I always love going out and buying books:) Can't wait to see what you think of Fallen and Incarceron! I really enjoyed Incarceron even though the world is quite complicated. Hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I'm glad you mentioned Incarcerson because all I had to go by was the positive comments in the book itself (and the eye candy cover, I can't forget that!)

    With all the books I've been splurging on it makes me want to follow you and chapter chicks example and start an 'in my mail' thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to your blog and I have got to say, it is pretty darn awesome. Looking forward to future posts from you!

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! Its nice getting positive feedback from other bloggers. It makes my day honestly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful books! I've heard really great things about Incarceron. I hope to get to that one soon. I love the covers. You're right, total eye candy!

    I haven't read any of the Anita Blake books, but I've heard really good things about them. I get the impression they're one of the top series in the genre. I hope you enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incarceron is not disappointing in the slightest. The fantasy world created for it is really wonderful. I'm devouring it in between classes right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to hear! I'm glad you're enjoying it so far :) It definitely sounds like my kind of book. I was originally waiting because I thought it was going to be a trilogy, but now that I know it's only a duology and both books have been published, I think I need to get on this book ASAP.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and enjoy reading them so don't be shy! You know you want to. ;) I do my best to respond to everyone's comments when I can. If your following me and I haven't returned the favor, let me know! Happy blogging!

~Kelsa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...